Photo by Lisa Fotios
In 2023 and beyond, SEO innovation for business is the norm, and Orange Digital Technologies is here to bring you up on the curve, whether it’s AI or Core Web Vitals.
It is search engine optimization (SEO) that helps websites and web pages rank and show up more in initial search engine results pages (SERPs). Ever since the 90s, when the first website was set up, SEO practices and systems have been evolving constantly as search engines like Google, Bing, etc., update their algorithms and criteria to better accommodate their users and clients and, generally, adapt to changing times. If you can’t even take note of what’s happening in the industry and the new SEO innovations popping up, that’s not what a good company working with SEO should be doing.
From AI to Core Web Vitals
In 2023, there were plenty of shake-ups in the digital marketing landscape, nurturing a dynamic and paradigm-shifting push in SEO innovation for businesses and more. If you want to get ahead in this ever-changing market, improve your online presence, and reach more potential customers, these are the things you need to know:
- Artificial intelligence (AI): While it’s still in its infancy, AI-powered SEO is slowly becoming quite an important tool to take advantage of. The possibilities of this new approach and SEO innovation are potentially endless, with AI software now able to generate high-quality content, identify relevant keywords, and optimize websites.
- EEAT: This is an acronym for the attributes that Google considers important for a quality website to have, and they are experience, expertise, authoritativeness, and trustworthiness. If you are lacking just one of these, it will be pretty difficult to push up on the SERP rankings—and if you completely lack all of these, well, GOOD LUCK! For the past months, Google has been doing well on its promise to offer better quality content to its users, using EEAT as a framework for doing so.
- Passage ranking: A recent feature that Google is working on; when it becomes operable and integrated into the Google search engine, this SEO innovation has the potential to significantly reshuffle the digital marketing landscape for years to come and probably up-end established SEO strategies. This is because the Google search engine will begin to rank individual content passages rather than just the entirety of the web pages.
- Local SEO: More specific and localized search results are becoming particularly important in the digital marketing landscape with regard to concentrated and limited SEO searches. This is because—since the COVID pandemic—people are using their mobile devices more to engage and interact with local businesses, signaling a need for a more personalized and location-specific results page. A way to catch up on this is to create and optimize your Google Business profiles, listing your businesses in local directories and soliciting customer reviews.
- Video SEO: While videos have always been a highly popular type of content on the internet ever since technology made it possible, in coming years, it will be more and more important that businesses become focused on better optimization and utilization of videos via transcription, strategic keyword stuffing, improved thumbnail production, etc.
- Core Web Vitals: Google is now taking steps to incorporate Core Web Vitals into its ranking factors for SEO. Core Web Vitals are, to put it lightly, a new layer of metrics that Google is planning on evaluating to provide better results for its users. Core Web Vitals include a website’s loading speed, interactivity, visual stability, and more.
How to Make Use of These SEO Innovations
There are plenty of ways that companies and businesses can take the first steps into properly leveraging these SEO innovations for their organization’s benefit:
- Use AI to generate high-quality content: AI can generate high-quality content that is informative, engaging, and relevant to your target audience. This content can improve your website’s ranking in search engine results pages (SERPs).
- Identify relevant keywords: AI can also identify the keywords your target audience is searching for. This information can be used to optimize your website and content for these keywords, which can help you improve your ranking in SERPs.
- Optimize your website for passage ranking: As mentioned above, Google recently announced passage ranking. This means that search engines can now rank individual passages of content rather than just entire web pages. You should create high-quality content divided into clear and concise paths to optimize your website for passage ranking. You should also ensure each selection is relevant to a specific keyword or topic.
- Improve your Core Web Vitals: Use tools like Google PageSpeed Insights and Lighthouse to identify and fix any performance issues on your website, playing on your strengths and covering your weaknesses.