Photo by Tracy Le Blanc
The way for individuals and businesses to widen their net of potential customers and support a robust vector for consumer engagement is to acquire digital marketing data solutions and Maintaining an Online Audience as possible.
Expanding a website’s online presence offers enormous potential returns. So, once the market foundation is established, a demographic is selected, and the product is ready for delivery, the way forward is to continue with the momentum. Enterprising individuals and businesses can get significant help elevating their response through dedicated digital marketing data solutions, which offer diverse methods of directing multi-pronged attacks with varied tactics and several channels.
What Aristotle Teaches Us When It Comes to Appealing to an Audience
When connecting with intended audiences, it is essential to understand what creates their interest and Maintaining an Online Audience, what triggers curiosity, and what activates rapport. Here, it is instructive to study the words of the ancients, specifically the lessons of the esteemed Greek philosopher Aristotle. In his teachings on rhetoric, Aristotle provides students with three angles to appeal to an audience: logos, pathos, and ethos. You can imagine these three as being the vertices of a triangle.
- Pathos, or emotion, is the most reliable way of attracting interest because it creates an emotional impact and a personal connection. People are caught up with their feelings, and taking advantage of that provides an easy way of acquiring influence, albeit a tenuous one, because appeals to emotion can easily backfire, especially when an individual thinks it is done so maliciously.
- Logos, or logic, is using facts, e.g., data, statistics, and evidence, to garner interest and back up your claims. Although providing certainty for your pitch, this angle is usually more effective when approaching an educated audience but will suffer when taken to a broader populace since appeals to logic tend to fall dry and dull and may lead to accusations of elitism, sophistry, or deliberate obfuscation.
- Ethos, or ethics, is the assurance of confidence to an audience, persuading them that what you are putting out is genuine and credible. It also has a lot to do with the tone and style of your approach. When appealing to ethics, it is important to draw a connection of trust between the audience and the provider. Audiences are more receptive to persuasion when they know they are trusted and the person persuading them is trustworthy.
While all three have their advantages and disadvantages, the best approach is to find some balance between them or, at the least, utilize them effectively to catch the audience’s attention and provoke their continued engagement.
Cultivating and Maintaining an Online Audience is crucial for businesses to succeed, whether it is a dog-sitting startup or a multinational corporation. These are some things that can help you expand your market reach:
How to Work with Social Media Channels and Maintaining an Online Audience
Most of the world’s internet users regularly deal with social media platforms. Facebook alone has almost 3 billion monthly active users. Social media’s intuitive design for engagement means audiences can discover new products while enjoying a high degree of interaction with their favorite brands. It also allows similar or complementary businesses to work together in opening up to new markets, especially when there is significant audience overlap.
Of course, when choosing which platforms to prioritize, it is crucial to identify the strengths and weaknesses of each. Not all social media platforms are created equally.
- Facebook and YouTube are brilliant for widespread targeted advertising because of their high traffic and committed user bases.
- Meanwhile, Instagram and Twitter are perfect for personalized content emphasizing pomp and virality.
- Pinterest is great for female-specific marketing due to its majority female user base.
- LinkedIn is the space for more detail-heavy content with its well-educated populace.
- TikTok is a quickly growing platform where audience retention is at its highest.
Why You Need To Study Your Audience’s Interests
The audience is not a monolithic entity, and its constituent members can quickly shift their minds. Knowing their priorities, habits of engagement, purchasing preferences, and social media activity helps establish a commonality on which businesses can base their strategies.
Here are ways to gauge your audience’s interests:
- Analyze Website Traffic. Get to know which pages are “hot.”
- Take Advantage of Push Notifications or Email Alerts. Directly inform audiences of product information and company news.
- Conduct Surveys. Provide audiences with a way to offer feedback.
Keeping Up with Further Momentum
The road to success is long and narrow, and the key to continuing the journey is always to adapt, expand strategies and learn from every encounter.